In Canada, heating and cooling accounts for much of household energy use.
These conservation tips will help you cut your energy consumption, save money, and reduce your impact on the environment.
- Turn off unnecessary lights or install lighting controls such as dimmers, timers and motion sensors.
- Install energy efficient compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs) that use less energy.
- Keep heat inside your home by sealing gaps and cracks with caulking and weather stripping.
- Turn down the thermostat when you're away.
- Install drapes or window blinds to provide insulation during summer and winter.
For more home energy improvement tips, visit the Natural Resources Canada website.